Healthy School Communities Lead Advisor - Hamilton
Full time, permanent position
Healthy School Communities
Sport Waikato in partnership with the Waikato DHB Public Health Unit has developed the Healthy School Communities programme concept. Sport Waikato is now looking to hire a Lead Advisor to help bring this concept to life. The purpose of the role is to lead the development and integration of the Healthy School Communities Programme in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders including development of resource and programme delivery. The advisor and any subsequent staff will provide support to school community leaders in developing and embedding the Health Improvement Process to enable increased control over determinants of the health and wellbeing of tamariki, whanau, staff and school communities.
To be considered for this role you must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Qualifications and/or experience in health, project management, or a related field at degree level or above
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Knowledge of public health issues in New Zealand
- Demonstrated ability to research, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate projects or programmes
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication
- Ability to critically analyse own and others work
- An understand of New Zealand school types and structures
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- A passion for healthy, active lifestyles demonstrated by ‘walking the talk’
- A high level of initiative but also able to follow set guidelines
- The ability to work both independently and unsupervised, but also able to contribute to teamwork
- Can operate as a trouble shooter and problem solver
- Can manage and develop effective relationships
- Confident public speaker who is able to present to diverse groups
- Current driver’s license
- This is a Hamilton based position but you will be expected to travel around the Waikato DHB region.
Please apply online www.sportwaikato.org.nz
including your CV, covering letter and application form or by post to: Human Resources, Sport Waikato, PO Box 46, HAMILTON 3240.
A position description and application form is available on our website www.sportwaikato.org.nz
Any queries can be directed to Richard Battersby, 021631481
Note: successful applicants will be required to be Police vetted. Sport Waikato is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
Applications close 12pm Friday November 24th.
Interviews will take place Wednesday 13th December.
Sport Waikato is a Charitable Trust where our vision is “Everyone out there and active”.